Fastag online is an electronic toll collection system that will help reduce the rush at the tollbooths. On average, each vehicle spends around 15 to 20 seconds and the toll plaza. The Fastag system reduces the time spent by each vehicle to just 3 seconds.
One needs to paste Fastag on the windscreen of your car and the toll plaza, we have the Fastag reader, so when this Fastag moves through a toll plaza and a reader. Both the Fastag and the Fastag reader get in the same line of sight the Fastag gets detected in the respective toll amount will be deducted from the Fastag.
This is like a prepaid Sim card if we have a valid balance will deduct the proper amount you can easily travel. Another mechanism is, this is a one- tag India, throughout India, you can travel with one tag.
If the road user uses the Fastag, he can get some cashback for his respective amount (transaction).
Fastag has gotten an internal RIFD chip inside embedded in the Fastag.
- Each tag has individual binary IDs, and these individual IDs are registered with an individual vehicle number, chassis number, And all the required information about the vehicle, linked bank account, etc.
- Hashtags are available throughout all the toll plazas across India, Fastags are also available at the respective selected banks.
- Different banks issuing the cards and the Indian highway management company also can issue the Fastag.
Requirement For The Applying Fastag
To apply for a new Fastag, you have to produce a copy of your vehicle’s registration certificate, passport size photo of the vehicle owner, ID proof, and the address proof of the owner of the car.
There are different types of Fastag for different kinds of vehicles. Also, the color-coding of all the Fastag is different for a different class of vehicles.
- The Violet Colour for the LMV car.
- The orange color for the LCV category of the vehicles.
- The green color for the bus and trucks.
- The yellow color for the triaxial vehicle.
- The playing color for the 4 to 6 axle vehicles.
- The sky blue color for the above 7 axle vehicles.
- The grey (ash) color for the earthmover vehicles.
Fastag online | How to get a Fastag online:
Toll payments will be made only through Fastag is under the national electronic toll collection (NETC) program.
How to apply for Fastag online through banks?
- Visit the banks’ official websites like SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC bank who are authorized to sell Fastags.
- Search for click on the “Get Fastag” / “apply for Fastag” links shown on the website’s homepage.
- Now you have to Enter your mobile number. An OTP will be sent on the mobile number entered by you. Enter the OTP and click on submit.
- Next, enter your personal details (name, email ID, address, etc., vehicle details (a type of vehicle, registration number Etc.… Upload documents (like a scanned copy of vehicle registration certificate).
- Recheck all the details filled in an application form before the final submission.
- After one submits the application form online, you will be redirected to the free submission online payment gateway.
- You can also save a copy of the Fastag receipt and payment receipt. You can also take a printout of the same for future reference.
Fastag offline | How to apply for a Fastag offline in India?
- Vehicle owners can visit any of the points of sale (POS. Location at toll plazas/bank branches of selected banks to collect Fastag online.
- Fastag has a nominal one-time fee of ₹ 200, a reassurance fee of rupees Hundred, and a refundable security deposit of ₹ 200.
- The security deposit depends upon the class of a vehicle and the size of the vehicle as well.
Fastag banks in India | list of banks authorized to sell Fastag as in India:
- Axis Bank: 1800-419-8585
- ICICI Bank: 1800-2100-104
- IDFC Bank: 1800-266-9970
- State Bank of India: 1800-11-0018
- HDFC Bank: 1800-120-1243
- Karur Vysya Bank: 1800-102-1916
- EQUITAS Small Finance Bank: 1800-419-1996
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd: 1800-102-6480
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: 1800-419-6606
- Syndicate Bank: 1800-425-0585
- Federal Bank: 1800-266-9520
- South Indian Bank: 1800-425-1809
- Punjab National Bank: 080-67295310
- Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank: 1800-223-993
- Saraswat Bank: 1800-22-9999
- Fino Payments Bank: 1860-266-3466
- City Union Bank: 1800-2587200
- Bank of Baroda: 1800-1034568
- IndusInd Bank: 1860-5005004
- Yes Bank: 1800-1200
- Union Bank: 1800-222244
- Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd: 1800-2667183
Some authorized banks in India who are authorized to sell Fastag are in India. You can either buy Fastag from them online or buy Fastag from them offline.
Other places to buy Fastags in India
Fastags in India are also available at all the toll plaza across India and at the Indian highway management company (IHMC).
Fastag recharge in India | How to recharge Fastags | How to recharge Fastags online
- Once you buy a Fastag in India either online or via offline mode, now there is a chance that you might have to recharge your Fastag to make it work.
- In order to save time and effort, the Fastag can be recharged online through, Credit card/Debit Card/NEFT/RTGS or Net banking. So one doesn’t need to carry cash anywhere for any kind of payment at the toll plaza.
- Also, Fastags are provided with back-end web portals for customers where they can access their statement by logging on to the Fastag customer portal.
- Ranging from different payment apps from different banks to digital payment platforms, there are a lot of ways one can recharge their Fastag online.
- There is also a Fastag app available on the Google play store and Apple App Store that all the vehicle owners can download, and use their login details to either check their balance to top it up.
- Right now in India, there are a total of 22 banks that allow you to apply for and recharge for Fastag online. You have to just visit the respective banks’ website and go to the Fastag section.
- Here in this section, you can either apply for the Fastag, or you can also recharge your existing Fastag.
- There is also a provision to link your bank account with Fastag.
- If you are a net banking user, you can again use that feature to recharge your existing Fastag.
Fastag recharge with Digital payment providers
Digital payment providers in India like:
- Google pay
- Paytm etc.
Also provide a feature to recharge your Fastag, although, in all of these digital payment solutions, the process is slightly different.
- Indigo Customer Care: IndiGo Toll-Free Number Email and Address
- Airtel Store Near Me And Airtel Office Address with Locator
- Jio TV: How To Install Jio TV for PC, Android, And IOS Phones For Free
- Videocon D2h Customer Care Number 24*7 Helpline Number